Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A tour of our room and other musings...

 So I thought I would take you on a bit of a tour of where we are staying.  I believe that IMM built this building and customized it for their specific needs.  On the first floor are the studios and editing rooms (all state-of-the-art).  There are also a number of offices and a storage room for sets.  There is also a workshop where they make those sets. The second floor is where the main IMM offices are as well as a kitchen and conference room.  The third floor is where the interns and MAPS workers live.  This is where we are staying.  There are several suites like ours and a shared kitchen and living room.  The top floor attic is where the costumes are stored.  (We're headed up to see that as soon as I'm done with this post.)

This is where we are sleeping.  (I almost wrote "staying" but we really haven't been in this room much more than to sleep and shower.  At some point I will take you on a tour of sorts of the IMM facilities.) 
This is where I am sitting right now... 

This is my view as I look out the window...
Hello bathroom!  How are you?
This is looking into the room from the terrace doors towards the bathroom...
The IMM courtyard...
The view beyond...


The view to the left from our terrace...
And the view to the right...


So that's where we are... A few people have teased us that we are "suffering" for the Lord and I just wanted to share a few thoughts...  While there are many places in this world where poverty, disease, and suffering are a very severe reality, there are also places that are much more similar to what we as Americans are used to.  I think the term "missions trip" contains a preconceived notion that we were headed to the bush jungle to sleep on dirt floors.  Many Americans have a hard time thinking of missions work beyond that.  This is an out-of-the-box concept, especially for one who holds a degree in Cross Cultural Studies--ME!!!  Never in my missions training and background were we taught about trips and ministries such as this and IMM.  It is so refreshing and exciting to see God moving behind the scenes and I think one of God's purposes of this trip for me personally is to show me that "missions" can be anything.

We are participating in the making of a video that will be used in those bush jungles to teach believers the Word, as well as an evangelistic tool for those who have yet to hear the name of Jesus.  We are doing the behind-the-scenes work that is vital in order for those missionaries who are in the bush jungles.  So I guess this trip might be better described as a business trip for the Kingdom rather than a typical missions trip.

So I guess to bring this all together, I would encourage you to consider where God has placed you in life.  God moves outside of the ordinary.  There are no rules when it comes to the Kingdom of God.  The only rules are the ones you set for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails