1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It's really easy to keep your New Year's Resolutions when you don't make any! For next year, I have just one: to water my plants more often, like maybe even regularly so that my plants have a chance to live beyond the brink of death!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My SIL gave birth to my newest nephew, Isaac David. Gorgeous little man, isn't he?!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My husband's granddad, Paw.
5. What countries did you visit?
Again no overseas travel for me this year...but not for the year to come!!!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A stronger, deeper faith...It's not that I didn't have a strong or deep faith this last year, it's just that I want a strongER faith and I want to go deepER with my Lord than I ever have before.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My Baby's 1st Birthday...
Summer Vacay/General Council
It started in Savannah, GA...
Then we headed to St. Augustine, FL to see the Ralls!
Then finally to Orlando with the Romines for General Council!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
HOMESCHOOLING KINDERGARTEN...may not seem like much "bee-kas" it's Kindergarten but it was a huge deal for our family and for me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
The Great Snuggie Debacle of 2009
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
There was the whole RSV thing back in February when Natalie got so sick she could barely stand up for days. Jackson was sick then too. Oh and did I mention we had flown to WI for the weekend. Yeah, that was nice. She sat on the platform while Scott preached on Sunday morning and didn't move a muscle...the whole time!
But we did have Pastor dedicate Jackson like he did Natalie years earlier. (He married us, too...awwww.)
And we ate some of these...
And had one of these...
Pastor tried so hard to get Jackson to crawl. He wouldn't for a few more months.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Music Man bought me an iPhone. Does that count?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jackson---for FINALLY eating solid foods, walking, and talking!!! Way to go Big Guy!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I probably got the MOST excited when I found out Scott was taking me to Wintuk in NYC and then when we saw it. That was pretty much awesome!!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Same
c) richer or poorer? Same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Going to the Doctor's office and the walk in. Could have done without all of that!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly at home with ourselves.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Over and over again with the same three people.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Well, the Real Housewives are always entertaining as is Biggest Loser.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
God Smuggler by Brother Andrew. HANDS DOWN...the best book!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
To see my family enough or even at all. Major regret of 2009.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really, really liked Julie and Julia, but that may be because I went to see it with a great friend of mine and was without children for 3 whole hours!!!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 and had planned to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival with friends, but for the 2nd year in a row, the plans fell through at the last minute. SO instead my friends through an impromptu, but AWESOME birthday party for me. I laughed harder that night than I think I laughed all year. I had a serious case of the giggles.
Sandy...It was while this picture was taken that I got the giggles that lasted the rest of the night!
We played some game that had to do with music and I WAS AWFUL!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To be 100% debt free.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
My Jesus, I love thee...
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The H1N1 induced panic attacks of normal, sane human beings.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Technically I haven't officially met him, but it would definitely have to be Isaac David, my new nephew.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Letting go of tradition is liberating and makes room in your life for God to do new AND BETTER things!
"OH Baby...YOOOOOOUUUUU....got what I neeeeeeeed..."
LET GO...I know that's really two words, but it's one concept that sums up my year pretty well.
To continue letting go and moving forward into what lies beyond what I see. To respect my husband more than ever and encourage him as he treads new water with the Lord. To continue training up my children to love and fear the Lord. To live a life full of 1st Century Faith.
Happy New Year, 2010!!!