Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Healer

Pastor did a summer sermon series on the Names of God. Some of the Names he preached on were Jehovah Jireh - The Lord my Provider, El Shaddai - The All Sufficient One, and Jehovah Rohi - The Lord my Shepherd.

The last name he spoke on is Jehovah Rapha, the Lord our Healer. I love this name. When I took Systematic Theology I in college we had to memorize a whole bunch of the Names of God and I remembered this one by imagining Jehovah Rapha as Jehovah Wrap-a like a bandage-my Healer.

There are three ways Jehovah Rapha wants to heal you....
  1. Emotional Healing - Psalm 147:3 "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
  2. Physical Healing - 2 Kings 20:5-6 "‘...Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you..."
  3. Spiritual Healing - Isaiah 1:18 “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
The thing about healings is that they come in may forms and not usually in the way we think they should. There are instantaneous healings like in Acts 28:8-9 "And it happened that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and dysentery. Paul went in to him and prayed, and he laid his hands on him and healed him." There are also healings that occur over a period of time as in Acts 28:9 "So when this was done, the rest of those on the island who had diseases also came and were healed."

Yesterday morning I was straightening my hair when out of no where my neck popped and I could barely move. I couldn't turn my head at all. The pain was so intense I was brought to tears. I had a meeting that morning to get to so I cried (literally) out to Jehovah Rapha to heal my neck. As I cried I also worship Jehovah Rapha for the healing that was already happening in my body even though I couldn't feel or see it. I KNEW it was coming because I have chosen to believe what the Word of God says and it said that He will heal me, not He might heal me, but HE WILL HEAL ME!

By the time I got in the car to leave for my meeting I was still in a lot of pain. I relied solely on my mirrors because I couldn't turn my head at all. I was still in tears, so I called in the re-enforcements--my man of God. I tried to suck it up and not get all emotional but I couldn't. The pain was too intense As I sobbed, he prayed, and Jehovah Rapha healed.

In that instant I knew that Jehovah Rapha was giving me an instantaneous healing as well as a healing that would occur over a period of time. I felt immediate relief. I was able to turn my head enough to allow me to safely and somewhat comfortably drive to my meeting. The excruciating pain that had brought me to my knees never came back. Throughout the day the pain lessened. I went to bed with a moist heating pad on my neck.

I woke up this morning with only the slightest discomfort when I turn my head deeply to one side or the other. That's it!!! Jehovah Rapha displayed His instant healing as well as His on-going healing in me.

I just had to share this with you, because you may be going through a time in your life where you are in need of a healing of your own. You may have been praying for years wondering if God even heard your prayers. I want you to know that He does hear you and He wants to heal you! Don't give up. Your healing is coming! Jehovah Rapha is the Lord YOUR HEALER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails