Pages

Thursday, April 02, 2009

My Core is Sore!

I really go into my pilates workout* yesterday. I knew I would be sore today, and guess what!? I am!!!

Ouchy-wa-wa!

In other news....

Being a SAHM doesn't allow me the time to go to a gym to work out. If I had the time, I don't know that I would go anyway. I love working out at home. I love the flexibility of being able to do it when I want and at the moment I want (that's a biggie!). I love that I have the privacy to make faces and sounds I wouldn't normally if someone was on the machine next to me.

I have a massed a small collection of workout dvds that I rotate through. I like to mix it up, so I rarely do the same one two days in a row. I have found that I love walking aerobics, yoga, and pilates. Lately I've had a number of people ask me for recommendations for workout dvds. I always recommend the same few dvds. I thought those recommendations would make for good blog fodder or blodder as I like to say.

So without furthre adeu...Here are my top THREE recommendations...

1. Leslie Sansone Walking dvds. This particular one is my favorite and the one I recommend over all other (although they are all good). It can be done as a whole--5 miles or can be broken up and done a mile a day. OR you can do what I do and mix and match the chapters to create the workout you want.


2.The "for dummies" series is my best friend. (Did I just say that I'm a dummy?) It breaks down the workouts and lingo which is great for getting started. This one is a fantastic and is a great place to get started with yoga. Very basic and informative. I have transcribed the positions onto paper that I use now instead of the dvd. I often go through the positions after an intense workout or in the evenings to relax.


*3. This particular workout KICKS MY BUTT, er my CORE!!! It the one I do more than any other "dummy" workout.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm a big fan of "The Firm."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails