Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2010

What I'm NOT Doing...

Original post date was to have been two years ago today. Hmm... What I'm NOT doing today, two years later...

  1. Being pregnant
  2. Having pity party about baby showers
  3. Whining about my upcoming birthday
  4. Getting a pedicure
:::


Today and tomorrow are supposed to be a day of doing household projects in preparation for this little karate kid in my belly. I told The Music Man yesterday that I'm loosing that nesting feeling and delayed 2nd trimester energy fast. I am becoming more and more uncomfortable and my feet are beginning to swell just a bit. There is still so much to do, and I'm afraid that my motivation has peaked and is now waning. I've moved from nesting to desperately wanting to finally hold this baby in my arms, not my belly.

So, this is what's on the agenda for the weekend:
  1. Rearrange the kids' bedroom to make room for baby.
  2. Clean out the bathroom closet and cupboards to make room for all the stuff currently residing on the changing table.
  3. Dig out remaining baby gear from the shed and figure out what is still usable and what needs to be replaced.
  4. Make a master list of everything else that needs to be bought before we are ready for baby.
  5. Name this baby.
It might not sound like much to you, but it is so overwhelming to me, especially given the fact that The Music Man is in the basement on the phone with the IRS and has been for the past hour with no sign of hanging up anytime soon. In addition I've been watching A Baby Story and it's making me sad. I'm so ready to be the one delivering and bring my baby home.

:::

(WARNING: What follows can only be described as a full blown pity party. I'm sorry to do this to you, but this is my blog and my journal of sorts. Besides I'm very pregnant and emotional so I need your pity and support. Ok, here goes...)

On another semi-related note, I'm a little bummed out. Call me crazy, but why are there no baby showers given for second babies? It just seems like no one feels the need to celebrate this second baby's upcoming arrival or the fact that I am miraculously pregnant after two miscarriages. This may sound selfish, but I just don't get it. This time around I am far from any family, which is making this harder yet.

Don't get me wrong, my friends here are excited about this baby, but it's just not the same as having my family close. There are so many times when I have wanted to work on something for the baby with my mom or sisters, but can't because they're hundreds of miles away. I miss them and the excitement they have over this little addition to our big family.

And, oh my goodness, so many of my girlfriends here read this blog and I don't want anyone to think I'm fishing for a baby shower. That's not why I'm writing this. Maybe it's just because it's rainy outside today which is making me a little down and out.

And, I need a pedicure.

AND I'm turning 30 on Thursday and it will most likely be a day like every other, but it's a huge deal for me!

Why, oh why, is my family scattered all over so far away from me. I need them here!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails