Pages

Monday, July 09, 2007

To Beach or Not To Beach...

So today was supposed to be beach day with my girlfriends and our kids. You may remember the fun we had last year... Yesterday, my girlfriends and I were discussing whether to go or not.. I was feeling lazy and didn't want to make the effort to go... but they convinced me to go. So I came home last night and spent and hour getting our beach stuff out of the shed, making food for the cooler, and stuffing towels into the gigantic beach bags. I crashed into bed and slept HARD! It had been a long day without the beach preparations.

So this morning Natalie woke up early, too early, and ran downstairs to play with her beach toys. She loaded up her dolls into the bag and came to see if it was time to go yet. I got up and got myself ready. I came downstairs to pack the cooler and decided to call my girlfriend to see if she was going to be ready by 8 like we had briefly talked about. I'm glad I called, because they had decided to reschedule the beach day late last night. I tried not to sound to disappointed, but all I could think about was, Natalie is going to be devastated!

She was. She cried and wouldn't let me come near her. Ahhhh!!!! I felt sooooo bad!!! I am fine with not going. I didn't want to go in the first place. I will admit though, that by the time I was done pulling things together last night, I was really excited to go.

So anyway, it's supposed to be really hot, 100*+. I'm sure we'll go out in the sprinkler and pool for a little bit before it gets too hot. We're having lunch with Scott. He's going to Hershey Park tonight for some something with a buddy of his.

Oh well...

3 comments:

  1. How far is Hershey, PA from you guys? I have been wanting to go there ever since I first heard about it when we lived in Columbus. It's just too far for a day trip. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer when plans change like that! Maybe Natty and Laith could iChat later, that could brighten up both of their days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nis-
    They would love it!!! Call me later after nap time and we'll iChat!

    Stace-
    As for Hershey... It'd be about a 6 1/2 hour drive for you. Could do it as a weekend getaway--lv Thursday after work, come home Sat evening...

    It's about 2 hours for us. We'd totally meet you guys there! Oh wow! Wouldn't that be fun!!! We should totally do that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails