Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bubby and His Peeps

So my nephew is the cutest little boy I've seen in a long time. He is so smiley and just all-together a very happy kid. It doesn't matter how long it has been since seeing me, he instantly breaks into a huge grin when he sees me. So this post is all about him.
His given name is Joshua Steven. Joshua after my brother, his dad, and Steven after my dad (middle name), but everyone has always called him Bubby. (Kinda like how we all called my brother Buddy until... well, I guess we never stopped calling him that, but it did morph into Jubs somewhere along the way and that went to Kwubbs--Don't ask, and finally my sister and I settled on LittleGuy.) Back to Bubby. Leith, my niece was barely a year old when he was born, so when she would say "brother," bubby is what came out. The name has stuck. Poor kid will be 25 and I'll still call him Bubbalicious.
Anyway, here are a few shots from last week of my favorite little man and his peeps...
This was his toy of the week. He played that thing for what seemed like hours.










Both of these little outfits are ones my brother wore as a baby. I remember seeing pictures of him in these, especially the blue one...in fact, I think I have one...

This picture was taken a couple months ago by my sister. She had given him this tshirt and I think it fits him very well. Watch out girls, this one's going to break your heart!

Just so you all know, this is what Bubby will most likely end up looking like...

My brother will forever be the pesky Little Guy of my youth, but I love him in spite of himself. And I love my LittlestLittleGuy!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!!! Such a photogenic little peanut, too. It looks like you all had a wonderful time together! I'm sure all the kids had a blast being together, the big kids and the little kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... that is so cute and a great tribute to your brother there at the end!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails