Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Let's see what comes out...

It's been so long since I regularly posted anything on here that I'm completely out of the game. So to speak. I think I know some of why I've been MIA and basically God's been doing a bit of hiding me in Himself. But now He's beginning to gently nudge me back into life. This blog is part of it somehow, I think. (How's that for clear?)

The past 16 months or so have been an intensive crash course for me. In what, I'm just beginning to see. Believe it or not, this blog has been around for going on six years. It began as a family scrapbook of sorts. It became more of a dumping ground of my randomness at times and toward the end (before my hiatus) it was a hassle and not at all fun or cathartic for me anymore.

It's almost as if God has pulled me back into Him so far so as to erase who I used to be. When he lets go after this much tension and heart-rendering, what's left is (I hope) a better version of myself. Full of Him to overflowing like never before. Confident in who He is and what that means for me. Sure of my standing in Him and in the world. Filed with vision, passion, and drive. Ambition to see the dream birthed and endurance to see it through.

I am not always "there" yet, but I also won't sell myself short any longer. I won't allow myself to be satisfied with just wanting to want to be obedient. (Although I do believe that is the first baby step and a vital one at that.) We are all just one small part of the great big Kingdom of God. He doesn't need us to accomplish His purposes. He is the great I AM after all, but He most certainly WANTS us to be a part of His plans.

I hope to go into some of the why's and how's and whathaveyou's of where I've been and what I've been doing in the weeks and months to come. It's been a roller coaster ride and I won't kid you, most of the ride has been rough, but only because I have made it harder than it needed to be. I've been wanting to begin posting again, but as I said in the beginning...I'm a bit rusty. So I decided to just start writing and see what comes out. (There's your deep and philosophical explanation for the title.)

So now what...how do I bring this post in for a landing??? Well, I'll not make any promises of regularly schedule future posts or tease you with witty repartè, that much I can guarantee. One thing I have learned is that I am far too self-focused. We all are, I think. So instead of going on about MY journey, and what I HAVE been doing, I'm going to cheer YOU on. Something that is not done nearly enough.

I promise you that God is madly and deeply in love with YOU. He wants for nothing but yet He longs for you; for relationship--intimate relationship with you.

There is a place for you in this world. There is someone out there waiting for you to stand up and start living your life to it's God-given fullest. We need you and can't do this crazy thing on our own. YOU are important.


:::

(See. Isn't that a nice way to end?)

(So is this...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails