Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bride-to-be...in 2030!

Before Christmas I was going through some boxes in the basement trying to get organized and I found our wedding video. I haven't seen it or even thought about it since our 1st anniversary. So I decided to pop it in to the old VCR that is downstairs and watch it. Well, or course, I was blown away at how gorgeous my dress was, so I had to bring that out and try it on. I knew that it wasn't going to fit, thanks Natalie!, but I wanted to put it on anyway--just to feel like a princess again! Natalie was so excited about the movie that when I pulled out my dress, I thought she was going to bust. I'm sure you know where this is heading... Yep! She had to try it on too! Ha, she's 3 feet tall and my dress could easily swallow her up and no one would find her for days. It's huge even without added crenolines! Once I put her up on a chair, it seemed to work better. Here is an early glance into what we will see in 20-30 years!



You should have seen the look on my husband's face when I told him about what we had done! I thought he was going to fall over! Then when I showed him the picture he got all sweaty and told me to delete them immediately! I thought he was going to have a heart attack! I guess I should have given a bit more warning before springing the pictures on him. He had just been watching Elmo Doctor with Natalie and then he sees her in my wedding dress. It was a bit much for him. After all she isn't even three yet! I have to admit that when I got her all settled standing on that chair and the tiara just right, it was alot for me too. I got all teary and quickly took my pictures so I could get her down. Now, you may be wondering if I was so teary about it, why did I take pictures? Well, that's simple... At her wedding in 20 - 30 years there will most likely be a video or halograph at some point, and I knew that this moment just had to be a part of it! Isn't that why parents take pictures?

2 comments:

  1. Ok, that is too stinken cute! I love it! I laughed out loud thinking of Scott's reaction. I can see Eric being like that too. Natalie sure is beautiful. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! THat is one of the cutest things I have ever seen! That will be so funny one day when she gets older!

    Hope your doing good~!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails