Pages

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

First Fruits

For as long as I have lived on my own, I have longed to have a garden like my mom had when we were growing up. I don't have a green thumb, and I really have no idea how to garden. A home just doesn't feel complete without some sort of vegetable growing in the back yard. I was so excited to have a garden of my own in my first house. Unfortunately, our back yard isn't very conducive to a vgetable garden, so I moved it to the front yard. Ha! Does that ever sound like a hillbilly or what. Next thing you know I'll have an old truck out there and call it "lawn art." Anyway, I put two tomato plants and two bell pepper plants in my flower bed out front. The two peppers are growing and have little tiny buds. One of the tomato plants quickly shriveled up and died. The other one has only yielded one little tomato so far. Natalie and I had a good time picking it and then eating it. It was very good if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails