Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

50,000 Mile Beach Trip

I was supposed to be at the beach for a couple days this week with some friends from our from church, but I was still not feeling the "beach vibe," so we came home early. But while we were there we had a lot of fun. Here are some pictures of our trip.

Natalie loved playing with the other kids. In this case, though, the kids are not so much kids as they are teenagers. Believe it or not--last year they were kids! Anyway, they built a sand castle and Natalie had so much fun helping them dig.




Here's poor Ethan caught in a hair-catastophe. It was like watching a flashback of myself when I was in junior high. The girls flirting with the boys and the boys pretending to hate every second of it. Ah, to be 14 again!


I took Scott's car because the trunk is bigger and going to the beach always means taking TONS of stuff!!! So, on our way down i noticed that the odometer was at 49,910 miles. I couldn't believe that Scott was going to miss this monumentous mile change. You see, Scott and I have never owned a car with that many miles on it before. His dad works for GM so we get a nice discount on new cars. We've actually had my car the longest--it's a 2002, but he drives so much more than I do, that he hit the big 5-0 first. (I just hit the big 3-0 earlier this summer.) It happened while we were sitting in traffic in Rehobeth. I had to document the moment or shall I say, BLOG-ument the moment! Here's everybody that was there to see the great change first hand.

Terri...

Natalie...

Ethan...

Me...

And of course here is the moment as it happened.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations of 50,000 miles! May your car have many more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:32 PM

    YAY...we win! I love us and I love gummy Peanuts! MMMM!!!


    I love you and I want to go the mall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a fun time! Call me soon so we can chat and catch up! I miss you and need a Melissa fix!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had some fun!! I don't think we have ever owned a car under fifty thousand miles. Ha! We got our new van at 75,000 miles. Our last van had over 200,000 miles and it was starting to fall apart. We have a 2002 now and it is A LOT nicer! Congrats on reaching 50,000! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails