Pages

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

One Day Down, Fifteen Years to Go

I am still alive and what's better is that my little preschooler is to.  We survived our first day of homeschool with only one timeout (for Mommy) and 1 slight change in curriculum.  I do believe it was a success despite a few hiccups along the way.  

We hadn't even been together for 10 minutes before I was crying out to God for patience.  After about 10 more minutes of silent pleadings, I made a lame excuse and ran to my room to hide from my eager preschooler.  She stayed downstairs "coloring her numbers."  I hid out in my room and called my girlfriend for a reality check.  (I transcribed the conversation with a tiny bit of embellishment here.  But shhh... don't give me away.)  She thought it was horribly humorous and to be honest, so did I, but it just felt good to laugh about it with a girlfriend rather than pull my hair out completely in front of My Little One.  

I would love to show you all that we did today, but I'm too tired to go downstairs and scan it in.  I was also too lazy to take a proper picture of our first day of school here at The Ballroom Academy.  Maybe we'll stage one later this evening and post it.  You won't care if it's a fraud.  I know in 20 years, I won't care.  

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Stranger....I got a wee-bit worried when I saw your post...I start homeshool tomarrow with my children...1st grade....Kindergarten and Pre-school... so if you remember say a prayer for my sanity tomarrow. Love ya and hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails