Pages

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Bargain Bin Dining "Set"


So this is our brand new table and chairs. They are not a set per se, but they still look pretty good together. The chairs (there's 6 of them) are solid oak and HEAVY!! They're beautiful! They were regular priced at Value City for $900 ($150 a piece) and we paid $288 for all six. That's about $48 per chair!! HELLO!!!

Ok, but it gets better... The table came with a leaf that turns the rectangle into a giant square that seats 8! Two sides have linen drawers and there is an imperfection in the wood on the top. The table was regularly priced $1050 and we paid...$78.50!!!!! No joke!! Can you believe that!!! I was soooo excited!!!! We wanted to eventually get a new dining set but had other priorities first, like washer and dryer and living room furniture, but God just plopped this in our laps and we couldn't turn it down!! I sill can't get over it!

I wanted to take some pictures of the table with the leaf in it but I was alone at the house with Natalie today and didn't have the energy to do it myself. It's a big leaf and kinda bulky. I also meant to take a picture of the imperfection on the top, but forgot. I forgot to do the one thing that was the whole purpose to our trip there today (move the fresh air machine upstairs and set it to "away" mode). I had a horrible migraine earlier today, so I guess I'm still a bit out of sorts.

The chairs are big, much bigger and more substantial than we have ever had. It's hard to tell without a point of reference, so I had Natalie climb up on them. I also took a picture of her on a chair we are currently using to show the difference in size.



When I go out there on Thursday with Scott, we'll put the leaf in and I'll take a few pictures so you can all see the big square. I hope you aren't totally bored hearing about all the treasures I'm finding and adventures we're having.

4 comments:

  1. $78.50!!!!! That may be the BEST deal I have EVER heard of!!! What an incredible blessing!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new table! And how nice that it seats 8. That gives you lots of room to have people over. Gotta love that! Miss you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!! I Love it!! It is so nice!!!!! I am jealous!! HA! Ok just a little! I am so happy that you got such an amazing deal!! They are so beautiful! Anyway, umm...have a question for you. This sounds so weird but...as I could tell we have the exact same dishwasher. Here is the thing...when you get a chance can you see if you have a spring for the door and where it is located. We have the spring but don't know where to put it and so the door kind of just falls open. I want adam to put the spring in but he doesn't know where to put it. If you can't find it that is fine...just thought I would check! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new home and the good deals on furniture. Hope all is well with you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails