Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2008

AHHHHH!!!

Disclaimer:  Before you read this post I have a few things to say.  First of all I have been married for 6.6 years.  I have gotten pregnant 4 times and am working on having baby #2.  I know the difference between boys and girls.  I have desperately wanted this baby to be a boy and he is.  I also want to apologize to my husband, my grandmother, my mom, and my sister for what is to follow.  I'm going to specifically ask that my mom and Josh refrain from making any comments regarding this post on here or in my email inbox or any other time.  Thank you.  You may proceed.  

I'm sorry.  Again.

Did you see what that silly airplane ticker says!?  This baby is coming in 17 weeks and 2 days!!!  I am so not ready!  Did you know that when you have a boy, you add another... part to your household?!  

As I read through some hospital info my midwife gave me on Tuesday, I realized that I will have to deal with this... this... other... part on a very frequent basis!  I really can't handle more than one at a time.  Let's face it, I'm a one-man woman!

Did you know that when you circumcise your son, you have to then take care of the wound on the... part with every diaper change!?  I'll have to touch another... part and use petroleum jelly all day long.  

For some reason I kinda had a freak-out moment when I realized that I am such a girl mom!!! I've heard other moms who have all boys and then get pregnant with a girl and say stuff like, "I just don't know what I'm going to do with a girl!"  Like they have no clue what girls do or like.  Have these mothers forgotten that they themselves are after all girls!!!  

But when a mom of very girlie girls (i.e. ME!) has a boy it's totally different.  I mean seriously, another... part in the house when you are used to only one part changes everything.  

And to take it one step further--and I know this is pushing the bounds of decency (for me) and I'm already blushing knowing that my mom and grandma are reading this--but I just have to say.... You know that thing that you do to get pregnant?  Well, my poor husband has forgotten what that is because well, there's another... part in our bed!!!  

There I said it and Grandma I am so very sorry I said it!!!  Mom--I'm sorry!!!  I'll stop and end this post in the dumps.  Forgive me.

6 comments:

  1. Melis - the whole boy thing is very different, it is amazing how normal it does become...although I have been thinking about potty training in the future and wondering how in the world I do it with a boy and the part...the agony of maleness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:29 PM

    Sorry, Melis, I just have to respond.
    You just do what you have to do, no matter what "part" you are dealing with. :-)
    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:31 PM

    The previous comment was me - Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny... It is about time that the ratio in your house is equaled out... oh yeah... more alpha males

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess like anything you adjust. One of our leaders in our youth ministry just asked me on Wednesday "How do you learn about all that (parenting) stuff?" It's amazing what you can learn from books, doctors, and friends. At least you have plenty of friends that have boys incase you ever have any questions. Just in case nobody has told you yet, boys do have a tendency to pee while you're changing their diaper for the first few days/weeks. Tony was changing Caleb once and I was sitting in the rocker next to the changing table. All of a sudden I felt a wet stream of liquid falling on my lab. When Caleb started to pee, Tony didn't know what to do, so he just took a step back so it wouldn't get on him and was "frozen." I had to tell him to cover him up to bring him back to reality. We still laugh about it. I'm sure they'll be a lot of fun/ny things that your new little boy will bring to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny, yet I completely understand how you feel. When I got pregnant this last time, I was petrified to have a boy. I mean I already had one, but that was 11 years ago, I don't know how to take care of a little boy anymore. But alas, I now have 4 girls. Oh the hormones that will be raging in our house. Like others have said, it just comes naturally. You will be fine. And for the record, little boys are way less dramatic than little girlie girls. At least for the most part.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails