Pages

Sunday, April 06, 2008

The Big Week

Today officially begins the monumentous week that is my birthday week.  On Thursday I turn 30.  I know, I know.  No one can believe that I could possibly be that old, with my gorgeous skin and girlish figure, but I am.  

Any big plans?  Nothing planned... yet!  The Music Man and I have been trying to think of something big enough to celebrate such a big-deal birthday.  I have been begging for a party for months, but with the baby coming and being so huge, I don't feel like it anymore.  We've decided to wait until this summer and have a big blow-out bash in which we celebrate my birthday, Scott's birthday (he'll be 30 in August), and our little baby boy's arrival.  So we'll party in a couple months.

 Last week I said something about going down to DC for the Cherry Blossoms Festival.  The main activities were last weekend, but they have tons of stuff all this week and through the weekend.  I've only ever seen pictures of the trees and now that we live so close, I've been dying to see them in person.  I also thought it would be fun to see the monuments and visit a museum.  I wanted to go to the American History museum, but it's been closed since 2006 for renovations and won't be opening until this fall.  Bummer.

Sooo...then I got to thinking about all the walking this trip would require and now, I'm reconsidering the whole idea.  Somedays I can walk around like I'm normal and other days, even walking around for 10 minutes starts a whole slew of Braxton Hicks that I swear are going to send me into an early labor any day now!  

I'm not sure what we'll end up doing.  We talked about just staying close to home and going to Old New Castle or going to Philly.  Anyone have any ideas on what we could do to make my big day fun and different without walking 27 miles?  I'm desperate to get out of the house and really to get out of town for even a couple hours.

:::

Now is the time to send out my birthday gifts and cards filled with well wishes.  I know you don't want them to be late, so it's best to get those treasures out sooner rather than later!

:::

Oooo... I just found this!!!  We are so doing this!!!




2 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday! How funny that I turned 30 while I was pregnant as well. I never thought I would be bringing in that birthday carrying a couple of babies! Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well! Not much longer and you will be holding that precious little bundle in your arms. Are you getting excited yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I am so excited that your turning thirty....before I turn thirty! haha! Just kidding! I hope you have a wonderful birthday this year! We move this weekend! I am so excited! Finally! Anyway...I will be thinking of you this week! Jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails