Pages

Friday, October 05, 2007

Why I've Neglected My Blog: Part II

So where was I?

Oh yeah.... We came home from our trip to the middle of the country totally relaxed and ready to take on life. Um, wait, I'm sorry--did I just say relaxed and ready to take on the life? Can you really be relaxed when returning from visiting relatives? Let me clarify: we still needed a vacation upon our return from a two-week vacation. There. That's much more accurate.

I had five days to unpack, get back into the swing of things and clean my house before my parents came for an extended visit. We were all pretty excited about this, seeing as we had just enjoyed as much time with my in-laws. Natalie was the most spoiled having 3 and a half weeks out of August with her grandparents.

It took me two days to unpack. Two more days to put it all away. You didn't honestly think I meant that when I unpacked, I put everything away, did you? Are you kidding me? I coined the term lazymom. I am the lazymom, no matter what Stacey says. (Shout out to all the lazymoms out there!) It only took me one day to clean the house and clean it I did! Wowzah! I even wiped down my baseboards, thank you very much!

Then my parents came. And I thought the first 3 weeks went by fast! Holy stinkin' cow! Why is it that the more fun you have the faster time goes by? And fun we had!

We went shopping at Natalie's favorite store, where she begged everyone for a $40 Belle dress-up dress.
Are you kidding me? You think that $40 is bad, the Cinderella dress was $80!
But Papa distracted her with a couple of Snow White figurines.
And of course, Nana spoiled her with a wedding dress.
Oh, she is just gorgeous!

We went to church where Papa had Natalie pose under the little pergola left over from the Honor Stars Ceremony. Oooo...she's so beautiful!!!!

Then of course there was the excursion to the park. We packed a picnic lunch and just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Later that day, while The Music Man and I went to a movie, Nana and Papa took Natalie back to the park and to Rita's for ice cream.


To be continued...




::: I originally began this post on 9/14/07 and life got in the way of finishing it.  I got tired of never posting but I just don't have it in me these days to blog.  I've lost that blogging feeling!  Anyway, here is part one of part two.  Look for part two of part two sometime in January.  :::

4 comments:

  1. What an entertaining post! I enjoyed myself very much! Looking forward to part two of part one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Honey, part one is great!! You do such a wonderful job, please don't stop. Dad and I LOVE to read your blog, not to say anything about Grandma looking forward to it everyday!
    Love you much!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it matters any I look forward to reading your blog just about every day...it's fun to see what your doing in your life.....miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaawwww, the wedding dress is so beautiful, and she's just a little girl. It's a little different then the ninja and ninja turles costumes my boys like to wear. It looks like you had such a great time with your parents. Thanks for sharing the pictures:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails