Pages

Friday, March 16, 2007

UPDATE: For All My WI Friends...

EARLIER (11AM)... Just thought I'd give you something to chuckle at. The last couple of days have been warm and spring-like. Last evening the temperature began to drop and today it is only just in the 30's, but it's raining. It may get colder so the schools have been closed in preparation of the ice we may get. Can you believe it! I mean I know that ice can be VERY dangerous--MD--WI--it doesn't matter, but to close schools for ice that MAY come tonight. It seems a bit ridiculous to me.


LATER (7PM)... Ok, so I will admit that the weather has proved to be quite dangerous by any standards. This morning when I posted the above I was shocked that they were already cancelling schools and events for the rain. The rain turned to sleet by 230 this afternoon and by 4 is was ice. The temperature has continued to slowly drop, so now we have snow on top of ice. I can hear the snow/sleet/ice hitting the windows as it comes down. Scott wanted to go over to Wilmington to get this pair of shoes that we have been on a mad dash for the last two days. I refused to go and forbade him to go as well. (Just like a good submissive wife should do! Ha!) Sometimes he just doesn't think things all the way through. Bless his impatient heart. So we are snuggled in for the night. We rented some movies and are having a late dinner. I just took another picture of our front yard. Quite a difference from this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures!!! The thought of ice is scary, but in Wisconsin more often than not you go ice, snow storm, or hurricane (okay...maybe not the last one). There have been days I have forbidden Steve to go to work because the roads were so bad, but he just hugs me and says "I'll call you when I get to work to let you know I'm okay." There are some days that I really think they should cancel and close everything in town when the weather gets that horrible. To me it's just not worth the risk when the weather is that bad. I wonder if I could get away with not working if the weather was bad. I know I only have a couple rooms to walk through to get to my "place of employment" but some days I could get away with hazardous walking conditions in the house with all the dog toys and cat toys strewn from one end of the house to the other!!! :)

    I enjoyed our visit this week! We prayed for your Grandpa on Wednesday night (and your whole family...especially your mom). Keep me posted on what is going on. You, Scott and Natalie are very important to Steve and I. We love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a big difference!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails