Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A random list from my vacation thus far...

1. My husband's family has no chance. I have fully and completely taken them as my own. I love them to pieces.

2. Pastor Mike was the guy who called out my man 14 years ago. Four days later, at a Black Crows concert the Music Man surrendered his life to Christ. He's never looked back. Finally I got to meet Pastor Mike. And it thrilled my heart to do so.

3. Where do I begin with #3? It really deserves a post in and of itself. Actually, I could write an entire book about #3, but then that would turn into a 4-book series that would eventually be bought by a production studio to be made into a movie which would then be turned into a tv show which would run for 10 seasons before going into syndication for the rest of time. Of course there'd be the spinoffs and reruns and reunions. It would be crazy. So I'll just keep #3 as simple as I can for this post.

Through the magic that is Facebook, I have my BFF from junior high securely back in my life. Our friendship was fast and furious but cut waaaaay too short. NOW!!! It's like nothing ever changed except now we're married with kids and mortgages and all sorts of adult things. The best part of all of this is that we've spent just about every day with her and her husband because the live 20 minutes away from my inlaws!!!!! And have been here for 4 years. I never knew!

But that's not even the best part.

Ready???

In a few very short weeks she will live only 45 minutes from me AT HOME!!!!!!! We've already begun planning the weekly lunch dates and play dates and shopping trips and daycations into the City.

I feel like I've been given the most precious gift. A second chance at a friendship I always knew got cut short. Maybe we just weren't ready for each other when we were 12. Twenty years later we ARE. SO. READY.













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that your BF from Jr. High is moving close to you again. It's so exciting when things like that work out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails