Pages

Friday, July 04, 2008

The UP Side to Nursing

I decided to write a post extolling the virtues of nursing to balance out this post.  As the boy and I keep working at it we're getting the hang of it.  Two weeks ago when I posted the down side of nursing I wouldn't have been able to nurse Jackson in the dressing room of The Limited in 20 minutes without a single pillow like I did this afternoon.

So here is the UP side of nursing:

:::


Sorry, but that's all I can come up with at this point in time.  
  • My butt's still numb from sitting on it 20 hours a day.  
  • Boobs are still HUUUUUGE!  
  • Still getting clogged milk ducts.  
  • Still have to dress with the boobs in mind.  
  • Hugs must still be loose.
  • Still have to wear a bra ALL. THE. TIME.
  • Husband still can't go near them.
  • STILL feeding the boy EVERY 2 hours ALL. DAY. LONG.
I think I could handle it all better if my chunky little monkey would just smile at me for any reason other than gas.


:::


Oh, but it does feel good to have him in my arms.  

And he smells so good.

And he makes the best sounds.

And he cuddles right up into my neck.

And he stops crying the instant he's in my arms.

And he has these big gorgeous blue eyes.

And he's so soft.

And he has seventeen rolls in his thighs.

And he holds my hand while he eats.

And he lets me kiss him constantly.

And he feels so good in my arms.

And he loves me best.

And I love him.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails