Pages

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree

I had the best day of my life yesterday!  (Ok so perhaps that's a slight exaggeration, but it did make my year!)

We went to get our first real Christmas tree.  This year my heart was set on a real tree from a real Christmas tree farm.  It may be from these crazy pregnancy hormones, but I am feeling very nostalgic for my old holiday traditions and going to a Christmas tree farm, trudging out through the snow, picking out the most beautiful tree in the field, having Dad cut it down, then drag it back, throw it in the trunk, and take it home to put lights and dorky ornaments on it.  Now that sounds like Christmas to me! 

Ahhh... just look at all those trees.  (Oh and by the way--can you see all that snow!!!  We got four inches on Wednesday.  Woo-hoo!)

My Man with the saw and my Girl Child in the pink bundle.  Off we go!
Me and the Girl pulling the tree wagon.  
The Girl and our tree.  I was prepared to drag My Man all the way to the farthest reaches of the field to find the tree that would choose us, but then I saw this little number and it said, "pick me."  Before I could even say anything the Man said, "how 'bout that one," and pointed to the one that had just chosen me.  Ahhh... our tree.  
My Music Man turned into My Lumberjack real fast.  Oooo... I just love a man that wears his Borns to trudge through snow to cut down my tree.  

T I I I I I I I I M M M M B E E E E E R R R R ! ! ! ! ! ! !


"Mommy!  Look!  I'm making my own footprints!"
See this weird guy?  He had the sickest looking teeth and kept talking to my Man like I ran his life and called all the shots.  He apparently isn't familiar with a marriage based on love and respect.  Anyway... when he shook the tree, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.  Have I mentioned how hyper-emotional I am?

Isn't that Man gorgeous?!  I love the long-hair lumberjack look!


If only I could send all the Christmas presents that need to be wrapped through a machine like this!
Oh  my, my, my!  My MAN!  Carrying my Christmas tree.  Oooo... I am all tingly inside. 
"But Mom!  My gloves are covered in snow and my fingers are sooo cold and my nose is runny!"

All I can say is that My Man out did himself with this day.  Everything about the day was perfect from breakfast at the donut shop to our numerous trips to Walmart, to the tree farm and dinner at our favorite little hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant!  Thanks My Big Man!  I hope that my many, many thanks was enough!  The day was absolutely perfect!  I love you!



Stay tuned for more pictures of our beautiful tree all lit up and decorated.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I love going to cut down your own tree! We usually do it every year! And...this year....we got a 6 1/2 ft pre-lit tree from walmart because we are going up north for Christmas and finally moving in Jan so we didn't want to go through all the hassle of a real tree...I can't wait to see it lit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cheated and put up a pre-lit tree too. It was still fun because the boys liked putting up the ornaments. Your tree looks perfect. I'm sure it will make your house look festive for the Christmas season. What a special day for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be pregnant... how many times did you say, "my man"... If I were the Man, I would take all of that and run... I can hear the song now, "I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melis,

    Good to see your back in cyber space. We are so excited about this new little one and about your beautiful tree. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails