Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

MIA no mo!

I have had a whirlwind life these past few weeks. I'd love to say it's because I've been jet-setting around the world, but it's really much simpler than that. School, new job, potty training, organizing my house, running a B&B, and growing a baby has kept me surprisingly busy. It's all rather ordinary and normal, but insane when all thrown together.

I am now 31 weeks, or is it 32 weeks? I forget.  I think 31.  Either way, I'm in the 30+ weeks of pregnancy now which means I have just a few weeks left before this child makes her grand entrance.  As of 2 weeks ago I had nothing ready and by nothing I mean NUH-THANG!  I had two, count 'em TWO outfits hanging in her closet and that was all the clothes in the world I had for her. Pathetic, right?  

The Girl and I happened to have a few minutes to snoop around at the Goodwill the other day and found a very few cute things, so now we have 4 outfits hanging in the closet.  Woot woot!

I also bought her a couple pair of Robeez off ebay the other day, so I'm not completely unprepared anymore.  'Cause everybody knows that all a baby born in November needs is a few summery outfits and a couple pairs of Robeez to survive, right? Right?  Beuhler?

But it's all good.  Everything will get done. Or so the Music Man keeps telling me.  I'm choosing to believe him and stay off my feet as much as my life allows. (Which can I just whine for a moment and say that's it's really not much.  Boo hoo for me.) He is usually right about these kinds of things. 
I just forget all that goes into preparing for a baby.  I've done this a few times, so I shouldn't be so clueless. Besides getting a few more clothes, what else do I need to do? 

What would you do if you had a baby coming in roughly 7-9 weeks and had done nothing yet? (I'm not saying that you would do that because I'm sure you're much more on top of things than I am, but hypothetically speaking...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails