Pages

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

On your mark...

It's been an extra long time since I last posted here. You'd think that I'd have a killer story or reason for my absence. If I think about it long enough I could probably come up with something. However the simple truth is that I've been sucking up life. Taking it in. Embracing it and holding on for dear life.

Sounds exciting, huh? Sounds like I've been on a wild ride, but honestly it's been very quiet 'round these parts. I have literally turned inward and have sucked up life like a vacuum. That's not always a good thing. Without outlets we grow fat. That's what I've done. (In more ways than just the obvious. ;)

There are some very legitimate reasons I've been so quiet and I'm still not quite ready to openly share those. Yet. But the more disturbing reason (to me) is that it's become all-too easy to *hide* from all the stuff of life. Relationships. Problems. Busyness.

In stepping back a bit I found myself stepping waaay back. Too far I think. But I think only time will tell as to how far was enough. Until then I take each day as it comes.

I feel a stirring; a coming catapult that will send me out of this exhaustive internal space I've created. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't excited. A healthy combination of the two is important. I feel God saying to me the same thing He said to the church in Sardis...

“Up on your feet! Take a deep breath! Maybe there’s life in you yet. But I wouldn’t know it by looking at your busywork; nothing of God’s work has been completed. Your condition is desperate. Think of the gift you once had in your hands, the Message you heard with your ears—grasp it again and turn back to God. If you pull the covers back over your head and sleep on, oblivious to God, I’ll return when you least expect it, break into your life like a thief in the night." Revelation 3:2-3

I want to be awake and ready when He says "GO!"

Don't you?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26 AM

    "Come out come out, wherever you aaare!" It's like a game of hide and seek we all play with life isn't it? Sometimes we don't want to face the things that help us to grow. We would rather run and hide. We've all been there from time to time Sis. Once we embrace the things that may have caused some fear, we begin to enjoy its blessing. It's like climbing a steep mountain where you fear falling but when you reach the top, the view looks spectacular! It's good to see your sense of awareness readying you to spring back into action. Thank you for sharing your heart. Come join the party of a lifetime again! We've all missed your spirit. Many blessing to you Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that last comment! Come back to blogging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails