Pages

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I promise I have a point!

Sooo...I'm sure that all three (Hi Grandma, Amber, and um...who else reads this? Hello? Is this thing on?) of you who regularily read this dandy little blog already know about my man's upcoming trip to Afrcka. I'm trying to talk him into guest posting his trip. His response so far has been only to say that he doesn't blog. To which I respond by saying something smart and witty like, "maybe you could try for me and all three two of my readers!" We'll see how that goes.

For now, I am up to my eyeballs in Typhoid meds, bug repellent, and underwear trying to get the man ready to go ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. I'm trying to convince my mom to come stay with me for a few days. So far it's a no-go. I'm really starting to think that God wants me all to Himself here for the next few weeks. Hmmm...I like people. I like help with the kiddos. I like having an adult to talk to once the kids are in bed. Hmmm.... I know I'll be ok. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to do this.

Suck it up, WOMAN!

Ok. Ok. My thoughts are starting to tread murky waters... I'm done

Bring it back around, Melis. Make your point.

My point? My point.

Kristian Walker, a worship pastor in the PennDel district is heading up the Music Man's trip to Africa and he has a fancy little website with a blog and everything. I believe that he will be posting updates to it while they're traveling. I will pass along the link and detatils on that when I get them. In the meantime, here is a bit more about what they will be doing while they're there. Just clickity-clack on over there and check it out.
MORE DETAILS
• We will be teaching several all-day worship conferences and leading worship concerts and outreach events.
• We’re working with the General Superintendents of the Assemblies of God in Tanzania and Malawi, who have both had a hand in arranging our ministry itinerary.
• We will minister at each of their churches and in the Assemblies of God bible school and seminary in Malawi.
• We are working alongside International Media Ministries, who planted a Christian radio station in Lilongwe, Malawi a few years ago. Our worship CDs have been played on that station over the past 2 years. Our conferences and concerts will be promoted to a majority of the nation via this radio station.
• 2 years ago we had meetings with the church leadership in Tanzania to lay the groundwork for a radio station to be planted there. On this trip that radio station will be launched. We are taking radio antennas and equipment to help make this possible.
• In Tanzania we will be visiting one of the well projects that Angel Mission (a ministry of God TV) has dug. These wells literally transform and bring life to communities that have no access to fresh and safe water. We are helping Angel Mission present these projects to pastors and churches in the U.S., so we wanted to see one of the wells firsthand and meet some of the people who have been impacted by this well project.


(I totally copied and pasted that directly from the website. Hope that's ok.)


I'll also let you know if they'll be twittering so all you crazy tweeps can get the tweet-by-tweet.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blogs! Will be praying for ya as you stay with your kids! You can do it...It will be fun! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails