Pages

Monday, December 12, 2005

Natalie's First AND SECOND Christmas Dress

So last Christmas I decided that I wanted to make Natalie's Christmas dress, so I got the fabric and pattern. My mom helped me put it all together (I'm very much a beginner!), and it was beautiful. So Christmas Eve rolls around and I go to put it on her--The dress was HUGE!!! It covered her feet and fell off her shoulders. I was so bummed. I thought I'd just keep it for sentimental sake. I mean it was the first little dress I made for her. So I put another Christmas dress on her that her Mamaw had bought and she looked adorable in that!


So all along I have kept the little red dress hoping that someday I would have another daughter during the appropriate season so that the dress would get worn. It hung in Natalie's closet until a couple weeks ago when I decided to pull it out and just try it on her. You know what? It fit her perfect! She looked so cute in it. She's worn it a couple times already. I want to get all the wear I can in!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! How totally adorable! You did a great job making her dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails