Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

A post to keep the earth spinning safely.

I am in bed. It's 12:54 in the pm and yes I am still in my pjs too. I got run over by whatever my kids had yesterday. It's bad enough to force The Music Man to work from home today. He's pulling a double. Full time work and full time daddy. Not to mention full time nurse to me.

This isn't exactly what I had in mind to start my week. In fact I had planned to post about the Awake21 fast my church is doing starting today. We're just one of hundreds of churches around the world joining together for a time of fasting and prayer. But seeing as I can barely lift my head off this pillow, you'll have to settle for this short list of random (drug-induced?) nonsense. So without further ado...

1. Last night The Girl and I watched some skating and gymnastics extravaganza on NBC. Did you see it? It left me feeling surprisingly unfulfilled. In fact I would even go so far as to say I was a tad bit annoyed by the whole thing.
Main two reasons:
1. Lonestar outlasted their 15 minutes of fame by about 10 years or so. I felt bad for them. Middle age guys trying to hold on to some sort of coolness instead of embracing the double chin, balding head, and the beer belly that is so obviously theirs.
2. Gymnasts are not meant to do group numbers. Ever. Yet there they were: group number after dancing group number. The whole thing was uncomfortable and just plain awkward.

2. There is not a book written by Tracie Peterson that I don't love. That woman knows how to write a story.

3. My parents lost a close friend of theirs yesterday morning. She had been diagnosed recently with stage 4 liver cancer. It wasn't easy. Death never is. But this was especially hard because it happened so fast.

4 My niece will be six in another couple weeks. I want to make her something but I'm not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

5. I really don't have anything left to say, but it's impossible for me to leave a list at just four things. I'm afraid the earth would fall off it's axis if I did, and no one would be happy about that.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Okay, because of you I am requesting Tracie Peterson books from my library right this second.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails